Wednesday, March 31, 2010

pixie!

i got a haircut! it's my first time to make it this short since my early high school days. aaack! it takes some getting used to though, but i'm glad for the (drastic) change.  i'll be challenged to really make more of an effort to look pleasant now, but still balancing my other priorities i.e. work, family time, chores, my artistic outlets, starting a biz, philanthropy.




anyway, i got my hair done at Lovely's beauty salon, where i've been getting my hair cut ever ever since.  i told myself i'd try to get my hair done there until the tita Luz bites the dust.  so, in preparation for the big day, i searched the net endlessly for various pics of people with short hairstyles.  see, i was so tired and bored of seeing the same thing in the mirror everyday, and knowing that everyone outside the house also looked somehow the same way.  so i thought, "hmm, let's make it real short this time".  anyway, i was also partly inspired by carey mulligan and mia wasikowska, so there.  i ended up showing a picture of carey and kate moss (back when she had a chestnut crop).  now, my mother warned me that tita Luz was literally almost blind (in one eye), but i figured i'd get a remedy if i need it. this is the result.




it's not as lean as i wanted but i was too shy to ask her to fix it.  now, if i were in a different salon, i would've definitely done so.  but this woman is almost a distant grandmother of mine so i decided to keep my mouth shut and try to figure something out.  so far, i switched my side part and i think it ended up a bit better.  of course, my brother isn't making things better.  the first time he saw me, he told me i looked like a boy and proceeded to disowning me as his sister.  the next time, he was a bit kinder and said i needed to get hair extensions. thanks charlie.

anyway, i also got some lowlights (for the first time ever), although it's not very visible in the picture.   this one, i'm very pleased with.  i think it breaks the monotony of the black hair and the full bangs.

the cut, as of now, isn't very photogenic but i am relieved to say that it looks better in person than it does in the picture. oh no!! just think of all those bad photo moments in the future! i sure hope i can find a way to make it look better over time, even on-cam.  i think i need more volume on top, and less on the sides.  if it doesn't look better by monday, i'll have to get it fixed a tad at Aqua in Trinoma.  for now, i'll be allocating part of the Holy Week vacation to figuring out how to style this crop.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, screw brothers. That cut looks good on you :D

    -keet

    ReplyDelete