Monday, March 29, 2010

happy birthday dad!!

it is my dad's birthday today :)

i have decided to treat the family to dinner (dad's choice of resto) as a gift to him.  after all, there isn't much that i can give my dad--he's way richer than me and can afford to buy what he likes anyway.  but he does enjoy eating and, although he can and usually does pick up the tab, i figured it would make him feel special if someone else offered to do so, just for a change.

so, when i greeted him a while ago and told him dinner would be my treat, he immediately said he wanted to eat in Shangri-La (the hotel, not the mall). Yikes!! I'm sure dinner will cost me at least half my monthly salary. huhuhu.  but hey, it's worth it!!  if i think it's an investment to buy a P4k pair of black pumps from Naturalizer, then i'm sure as hell that spending double that for my family is a wise choice.



boy, i sure am glad that i'm quite prudent when it comes to my lifestyle--i know i can actually afford to treat my family to seafood buffet at Heat or somewhere without getting buried in credit card debt.  stick with me to help find a balance between fabulosity and frugality.  'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment