Friday, March 18, 2011

Project 365: shipwrecked!

sorry for the long overdue post; i've been focusing a bit more on my more public blog (meaning more than 3 people know about it), as well as on some YFC activities, and my 12-week "Artist's Way" journey (i'm in week 7 already)!

anyway, i would like to confess to you that i have somehow abandoned my Project 365 (did a tear just slide down your cheek?).  beyond my allowed Christmas shopping (courtesy of my dad), i bought a National Geographic shirt, and made two mini ukay2 shopping trips. they all probably amounted to less than P1,500 though, and a third of my purchases I gave to my mom.  once you start spending again, it's really difficult to control it! shopping sprees = NO-NO.

now i'm still going to do my best to refrain from unnecessary shopping, but i'm already foreseeing actual needs in the future (i.e. bridesmaid duties, swimming, Pinatubo trekking) so i won't pretend to all of you that i was able to tough it out for 365 days.  but props to whoever can!!! it is INCREDIBLY difficult, but even more rewarding when accomplished.  I did for 32 weeks, and i'm very proud of that (i did have a minor slip though--remember the necklace?).

it's pretty amazing, now that i think of it.  a lot of the things i was tempted to buy during that time frame, i now hardly care for. and that thrill of buying something? it plateaus and dives once you swipe that credit card or hand over that wad of cash. i experienced it when i make especially large purchases, but even with the smaller ones. truly, it isn't what you've got, but what you make of what you have

so let's support each other! who needs fabulous fashion when you've got even more fantastic friends?!!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment